Pre-Purchase Termite Inspection
Termites can cause extensive damage to a property that can cost you thousands of dollars in repairs.
With a pre-purchase termite inspection, you’re able to identify visible termite infestations and damage before you commit to a purchase.
What is a Pre-Purchase Termite Inspection?
A pre-purchase termite inspection is a thorough visual inspection carried out by a trained and qualified inspector. This professional will examine and report on:
- Damage to the property caused by timber pests
- Evidence of past termite treatments
- Damage caused by timber decay (rot)
- Damage and infestation by borers
- Ventilation issues
- Current termite activity
- Past termite activity
- Termite risk factors and conducive conditions present
- Recommendations for termite treatment and steps that can take to reduce the risk of termite attack
This report is a vital step to protecting your investment.
What Damage Can Termites Do to Your Property?
Termites feed on timber and can cause substantial damage to your home or commercial property.
- Hollow out the studs in your walls
- Compromise the structural integrity of your roof
- Damage your flooring and floor support timbers
- Destroy wall braces and beams
- Cause serious damage to window frames
- Cause a home to become uninhabitable in severe cases
Any part of your home that contains timber is at risk!
How Much Does a Pre-Purchase Termite Inspection Cost?
A Visual Timber Pest Inspection Report from Pink Inspections is approximately 12 pages and contains vital information that you need to know!
Each inspection is carried out by a qualified and insured inspector and is fully compliant with Australian Standard AS 4349.3. The price of an inspection is $220 or $210 if ordered online.
Inspections are visual and non-invasive and will provide a comprehensive summary of timber pest activity and any damage on the property. This damage may be the result oftermites, borers or wood decay fungi.
A qualified inspector will review individual sections of the property, including:
- External timbers
- Landscaping timbers
- Trees and stumps
The inspector will also include recommendations in the report regarding any termite management or risk reduction measures that should be taken.
You can choose from three different FAST delivery options from our reports:
Don’t let termites and termite damage go un-checked!
If you commit to a property without a termite inspection report, you may be investing in asinking ship!